The system is broken - and we can fix it...

The city of Wilmington is in the process of becoming a truly awesome city - a place where entrepreneurs, artists, educators, and businesses create incredible things.

Since October of 2011, the citizens, business community, arts community, Wilmington City Officials, and others have been engaged in improving the parking and parking enforcement issues in the city of Wilmington.

Huge progress has been made and the direction we are going as a community is extremely positive!

This blog chronicles the efforts of all who helped make this happen...

Monday, January 9, 2012

Another bad experience...

Just submitted:

I have never had a parking ticket in my life until Dec. 23rd.  After dropping $100.00 at Café Mezzanote for a holiday lunch and feeding a parking meter, I ran two other errands – one to Sugarfoot to pick up $30.00 worth of gift cards and to AR Morris to pick up a Christmas present – dropping another $225.00 into a local business.  I stepped out from AR Morris on Market Street (I would say I wasn’t in there more than 5 minutes) I got a parking ticket for $60.00 parking in a bus zone.  When I pulled into the “space” I was pulling in after another car was there – it was raining and I didn’t realize if it was considered a bus stop – it had white lines like parking spaces.  This article is prompting me to go back and take another look where I parked – don’t know if I can appeal something when I’ve already paid the ticket – but I may just be in the right – who knows!  If I want to go into town going forward, I’ll either walk on my lunchbreak or go visit the AR Morris out in Greenville, where parking is free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment