The system is broken - and we can fix it...

The city of Wilmington is in the process of becoming a truly awesome city - a place where entrepreneurs, artists, educators, and businesses create incredible things.

Since October of 2011, the citizens, business community, arts community, Wilmington City Officials, and others have been engaged in improving the parking and parking enforcement issues in the city of Wilmington.

Huge progress has been made and the direction we are going as a community is extremely positive!

This blog chronicles the efforts of all who helped make this happen...

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I think this is accurate:

In doing heavy research (Google) into various parking issues, I came across this interesting piece from Garrison Frost, written in 2006. the whole post is worth a read, but I thought his rundown of the stages of getting a parking ticket are spot on:


the Eight Stages of Getting a Parking Ticket:
  1. Curiosity. Wha's this on my windshield?
  2. Surprise. It's a parking ticket!
  3. Indignation. I can't believe they gave me a parking ticket.
  4. Outrage. This isn't fair.
  5. Resistance. I'm going to fight this ticket.
  6. Activism. I'm going to get the guy who issued this ticket fired. And then I'm going to expose this unjust system that targets innocent tax-paying citizens and takes their money to fund useless government bureaucracy and pork.
  7. Analysis. You know, I have a lot of other things going on in my life right now that are more important than fighting this ticket.
  8. Acquiescence. I'll just pay the stupid thing and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment