The system is broken - and we can fix it...

The city of Wilmington is in the process of becoming a truly awesome city - a place where entrepreneurs, artists, educators, and businesses create incredible things.

Since October of 2011, the citizens, business community, arts community, Wilmington City Officials, and others have been engaged in improving the parking and parking enforcement issues in the city of Wilmington.

Huge progress has been made and the direction we are going as a community is extremely positive!

This blog chronicles the efforts of all who helped make this happen...

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can't believe I didn't post this sooner...

True confession - I failed you.

I read about this a couple of weeks back and didn't think to post it at the time - it's good and useful information you should know about.

I apologize for not getting this posted sooner:


Free Holiday Season Parking in Downtown Wilmington November 26 through December 31

Posted on  11/21/2011 3:25 pm
Parking during the holidays is very convenient in downtown Wilmington! Beginning November 26 and lasting through December 31, the City of Wilmington’s on-street parking meters will be free beginning at 12 noon each day. Specific time limits for spaces still must be adhered to, but there is no need to place coins in the meters after 12 noon.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this blog! I am glad to know that someone else out there thinks that quality of life needs much improvement. Thank you too for the humor.
    As someone new to Delaware my impressions have been disappointing indeed. I find that the government is viciously agressive to its taxpaying citizens. Therefore it is its own worst enemy for the purpose of attracting any new people to the area. The problem extends to Trolley Square. Tickets are given out so aggressively (except to those who are City employees, i.e. Mayor Baker and the fellow who parks the City of Wilmington truck in my private space in my Condominium and his blue Nissan blocking our parking lot exit without ever getting a ticket) that "outsiders" or those who have no residential sticker opt to enter onto private parking and dare private owners to have them towed away. This provokes very bad relations amongst neighbors who ought to be friends.
    As a relative newcomer to Wilmington I can say that this place will never be "home." Any delusions I may have had about community spirit have been successfully defeated. I look forward to the day when I can pack up and leave this cold and nasty place full of miserable grumpy people. I blame much of this mean-spiritedness on the examples set by the government of the City of Wilmington.
    Is there any wonder that Wilmington has been a city of "tremendous potential" for the last 50-60 years? Until a different tone is adopted at City Hall I see little chance for the future of downtown Wilmington.

    ReplyDelete