The system is broken - and we can fix it...

The city of Wilmington is in the process of becoming a truly awesome city - a place where entrepreneurs, artists, educators, and businesses create incredible things.

Since October of 2011, the citizens, business community, arts community, Wilmington City Officials, and others have been engaged in improving the parking and parking enforcement issues in the city of Wilmington.

Huge progress has been made and the direction we are going as a community is extremely positive!

This blog chronicles the efforts of all who helped make this happen...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

getting a ticket before getting to the meter...

I just spent close to 20 minutes on hold at (302) 571-4320 - the phone number on the ticket - and was finally transfered to a Ms. Fletcher's voice mail and left my complaint regarding "officer" Edwards.

I am livid! I had just pulled up in front of 1200 Market St to go into Merrill Lynch and make a bank deposit when the Meter Maid walked by and mouthed to me to put money in the meter. I immediately began gathering my papers and digging in my purse from change when she circled back and started recording my license plate in her computer. I would guesstimate a minute or less had passed from the time I "parked" and got out of the vehicle.

Perhaps my outburst of "you're not really issuing me a ticket" as I began to put a dime in the meter upset her... though I think she already had her mind made up to issue one... and she then printed out a $40 "expired meter" violation and placed it on my windshield and continued on her way.

Ironically, there's a spot across the street that's missing a meter head and although there is no yellow paint, I purposely made a u-turn and pulled into a metered spot to avoid a ticket!

There's a record of my being upset since I called 911 and then was given another phone number for the city upon which I left a scathing incident report.

No comments:

Post a Comment